Zesty Black Bean Dip
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz Neilly’s Quick Cook Black Bean Stew Mix
- 2 cup water
- Chopped onion, to serve
- Mexican crema, to serve
- Chips, to serve
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and jalapeno. Saute until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and a pinch salt and pepper.
- Stir in Neilly’s Quick Cook Black Bean Stew Mix and 2 cups of water and cover with a lid.
- Simmer, mashing lightly to thicken, for 10-15 minutes.Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and topped with chopped onion and a drizzle of mexican crema!