Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 1 cup Neilly’s Teriyaki Rice Mix
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Chopped green onion, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Prepare the teriyaki rice according to package instructions, using the sesame oil instead of olive oil.
- When the rice is done cooking, allow it to cool to room temperature. Alternatively, let chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and carrots. Saute until the carrots are mostly tender, about 7-10 minutes. Stir in the peas and the cooked rice.
- Fry the rice, stirring occasionally, until there are some crispy bits and everything is well incorporated. Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Push the rice and veggies to one side of the skillet. To the other side, add the remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil. When the oil is hot, add the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring often, until firm and cooked through. Break up the eggs and stir into the rice.
- Serve warm garnished with green onion and a squeeze of lime juice if desired!