Jerk Rice and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno or scotch bonnet pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 cup Neilly’s Jerk Rice & Black Beans Mix
- 2 ¼ cup water
- 2 bell peppers, halved & cored
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and pepper . Saute, stirring occasionally, until the onion is just beginning to get tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Jerk Rice & Black Beans Mix and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until water is fully absorbed. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Season the pepper halves with salt and pepper. Then, stuff each pepper half with some of the rice and bean mixture and place in a baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until peppers are cooked to desired tenderness.