Red Lentil Curry & Rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ inch knob ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1, 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 cup Neilly’s Premium White Long Grain Rice
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil.
- When the coconut oil melts, add the onion and bell pepper. Saute, stirring often, until mostly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes, until the fragrant and the pepper and onions are tender.
- Stir in the salt, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne, and crushed tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils and water. Simmer for about 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender and the curry is thick.
- Meanwhile, cook the long grain rice according to the package instructions.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the cilantro and cook for another minute.
- Serve warm aside cooked Neilly’s Premium White Long Grain Rice!