Spicy Pesto Green Beans
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz Neilly’s Spicy Pesto Sauce
- Pine nuts, to serve
- Red pepper flakes, to serve
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter melts, add the shallot. Saute until shallot begins to get tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and saute another minute or two.
- Add the green beans and season with salt and pepper. Saute, stirring and tossing the beans occasionally, until beginning to brown on some sides and the beans have reached your desired tenderness, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the spicy pesto, coating the green beans with the sauce, and cook for another minute.
- Serve warm with pine nuts and red pepper flakes, if desired!.