Spicy Pesto Tomato Soup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, about 20 oz
- 3 large carrots, quartered
- 1 sweet onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic
- ½ tsp salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1-3 cups vegetable stock, or as desired for thin consistency
- ¼ cup Neilly’s Spicy Pesto, plus more to top
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut about ½ inch off of the top of the garlic bulb.
- Place the garlic bulb in a large skillet or baking dish, along with the cherry tomatoes, carrots, and onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Stir to coat all ingredients evenly.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the tomatoes have softened.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of its papery skin. Add the roasted tomatoes, carrots, onion, roasted garlic, and 1 cup vegetable stock. Blend until smooth, adding another 1-2 cups of vegetable stock for thinner consistency, if desired. Stir in the spicy pesto.
- Serve hot with extra spicy pesto drizzled on top!